Dental fear is common and there are ways to help you to manage it. Dental fear is anxiety or stress associated with dental setting. Things like needles, drills or dental setup in general can trigger dental fear.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Increased heart rates and palpitations
- Low BP and possible fainting ( syncope)
How to manage dental fear?
- Deep breathing
- Distraction (music)
- Guided imagery
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Anxiety reliving medication
- Conscious sedation
- Agreeing with your dentist on a signal to stop during the treatment for a break.